11.05.2009

Stirrings

Over the past couple of weeks, the Lord has been stirring up something big in my heart. I'm sure it's been in the works for a long time, but I am only now able to see it. I have so much to post and so little time. I have such a hunger for the things of God. I so desperately long to know Him intimately and deeply - to abide in Him and His will (John 15:4). I long to understand Him - to know Him as my Husband (Hosea 2:16), my Father (James 1:17), my Savior (Isaiah 43:11), my Friend (Psalm 25:14) to the deepest degree. I want to know His commands and to walk in them (2 John 1:6). And all of this is such a precious gift. It's only by the grace of God that I have faith (Ephesians 2:8). I am so simple in mind and so sinful in heart, and yet He chose me before the foundations of the world (Ephesians 1:3-10). I am moved.

Recently, I have been loving on my precious goddaughter, wrestling with my selfish desire for a child of my own womb for no greater kingdom purpose than my delight, and reading about/getting my heart stirred for the orphans of this world with whom I have common bond. God has been opening my eyes to the richness of how He loves me as His own child - adopted into His family (Ephesians 1:5-6). I long for His holy desires to consume me - for Him to go before me and lead me into the wilderness where I shall know Him (Hosea 2 <- My fave passage of the Bible). I so long for His desires to become my desires. Jesus, make me like you (1 John 3:2 <- look this one up - it's AWESOME)!

Other than loving and being loved by my husband, I don't know that there's anything that stirs my heart for the Lord more than His Word/promises/hope combined into beautiful music. This song in particular resonates in my heart. So I leave you with it in hopes that God frees you a little more through it to joyfully surrender to His might and care (John 8:36):


Own Me - Ginny Owens

Got a stack of books,
So I could learn how to live;
Many are left half-read,
Covered by the cobwebs on my shelf.
And I got a list of laws,
Growing longer everyday;
If I keep pluggin' away,
Maybe one day I'll perfect myself.
Oh, but all of my labor,
Seems to be in vain;
And all of my laws,
Just cause me more pain;
So I fall before You,
In all of my shame;
Ready and willing to be changed-

Chorus:
Own me
Take all that I am,
And heal me
With the blood of the Lamb.
Mold me
With Your gracious hand;
Break me till I'm only Yours-
Own me

Oh, you call me Daughter,
And you take my blame;
And you run to meet me,
When I cry out Your name,
So I fall before You,
In all of my shame.
Lord, I am willing to be changed

Chorus

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. I'm praying.

Erica said...

Can I just say ditto??? (besides the wanting a child right now) I LOVE that song, so true in my life as well. thanks for sharing!