8.06.2009

God IS good!

Tonight I went out to dinner with the Hopeful Hearts ministry from church. Actually, only one of the leaders was able to come, so it was just the two of us. I just recently lost my second baby and have come to accept that this could be just the beginning of a very long road. She is currently pregnant with a baby girl after giving birth to two healthy boys, losing one perfectly formed boy who was born with his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck, and miscarrying eight other babies.

I hope and pray that that is not my lot, but I will gladly accept it if it grows my relationship with the Lord the way it has with her. Wow! There is a woman who knows God's truths, because it was all she had to cling to. There is a woman who has a rich and compassionate heart for God's children and those she hopes will be God's children. There is a woman who can tell you without any hesitation that God is good ALWAYS.

We both know deep grief. But I'll tell you what! Tonight we did not dwell on grief. We could not stop talking about the goodness of God - His grace, mercy, provision, compassion, splendor! It was really a celebration of His character, His promises, His most precious gift of His Son, and who He is! I left dinner with my heart overflowing in praises to God. He IS good - today, tomorrow, and always! No circumstance will ever change that!

No comments: